Verrency Appoints Australian Advisory Board Members
Australian global payment provider Verrency has appointed five luminaries from the payment sector to its Australian Advisory Board to help boost the company’s growth plan as it prepares for commercial launch in the Australian market.
Verrency advisory board members are:
• Simon Stephenson is a Scheme, Issuer and Technology Specialist with more than 35 years of global experience in the payments industry. He spent 15 years in global senior leadership roles within MasterCard across Asia, Europe and the US as CEO of Strategic Payments Services and worked extensively in real-time payments/ EFT development and implementation.
• Greg Devlin is a Payments Issuing Specialist with nearly 40 years of industry experience in development and delivery of payment services across Asia Pacific. He has held senior leadership roles at American Express, Chase AMP Bank, Citibank, Keycorp, MasterCard International, Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank.
• Howard Elliott is a Payments and Technology Specialist with more than 25 years of industry experience since leaving academia. He has held senior management roles in MasterCard, CBA, Westpac, Telstra and Optus where he was involved with the implementation and management of strategic electronic commerce products.
• David Campbell is a Payments Architecture Specialist with more than 30 years of experience in the payments industry, specializing in payments, messaging and systems architecture. He has held diverse senior payments technology leadership roles in the US, Australia and Asia, including serving as CTO for Cuscal and CIO for SPS.
• Tony Peters is a Transaction Specialist and a former Chase merchant banker with extensive experience in business purchases, expansions and acquisitions. He has also worked with Allco and McIntosh Stockbroking before running mergers and acquisitions for Sausage Software.
Verrency Group Founder and CEO David Link said he is thrilled to have assembled a distinguished group of Australia’s most seasoned practitioners in the payments and technology sector to help the firm as it readies its operations in Australia and beyond.
“Our advisory board is an absolutely crucial part of our operations, particularly in helping us chart strategic directions for the next 12 months. Equally as important, as we ready our operations in Australia, our advisory board – who are extremely hands-on – are actively supporting our team as we refine and test all aspects of our business,” said Link.
“With over 150 years collective experience across all areas of payments – from technical, to issuing, to scheme relationships, to innovation – our teams have access to truly great minds to ensure we are architected and ready for perfect delivery. As we are designed fit-for-purpose for Tier 1 financial institutions, the experience and knowledge of our advisory board members are invaluable as we prepare for our market launch.”
Verrency provides ‘innovation-as-a-service’ that enables issuers to deliver the latest payment capabilities, fast and cost effectively, through their existing payments infrastructure. By giving their consumers unprecedented flexibility and control over how they pay, Verrency’s cutting edge features drive growth and increased customer satisfaction. Verrency also enables innovation across the payments ecosystem, providing fintechs and other innovative payment services the ability to be easily connected and distributed through issuers at scale.
For additional information please contact Red Agency:
+61 (3) 9670 8350
+61 (3) 9426 5343